Last Updated: August 2, 2017 at 9:45 AM ET
- The Los Angeles Dodgers have acquired RHP Yu Darvish from the Texas Rangers in exchange for 2B Willie Calhoun, RHP A.J. Alexy, and IF Brendon Davis.
- The Pittsburgh Pirates acquire RHP Joaquin Benoit from the Philadelphia Phillies in exchange for RHP Seth McGarry.
- The Baltimore Orioles acquire 2B/SS Tim Beckham from the Tampa Bay Rays for RHP Tobias Myers.
- The Washington Nationals acquire RHP Brandon Kintzler from the Minnesota Twins in exchange for LHP Tyler Watson, and INTL Bonus Money.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers have acquire LHP Tony Cingrani from the Cincinnati Reds in exchange for OF Scott Van Slyke and C Hendrik Clementina.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers acquire LHP Tony Watson from the Pittsburgh Pirates in exchange for IF Oneil Cruz and RHP Angel German.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks acquire RHP David Hernandez from the Los Angeles Angels in exchange for RHP Luis Madero.
- The Cleveland Indians acquire RHP Joe Smith from the Toronto Blue Jays in exchange for LHP Thomas Pannone and SS Samad Taylor.
- The New York Yankees acquire RHP Sonny Gray and International Bonus Money from the Oakland Athletics in exchange for OF Dustin Fowler, IF Jorge Mateo, and RHP James Kaprielian.
Notes: GREAT deal here for the Yankees. They move three very good prospects, but none of which are their top prospects. Billy Beane, once again, has me unimpressed by the return in a deal where he has now moved on from arguably his most valuable asset in Gray. If the Yankees were able to get Gleyber Torres and Clint Frazier for Miller and Chapman last year, then Beane should have been able to get at least one of those guys for a cost-controlled pitcher like Gray.
- The Milwaukee Brewers acquire RHP Jeremy Jeffress from the Texas Rangers in exchange for RHP Tayler Scott.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks acquire IF Adam Rosales from the Oakland Athletics in exchange for RHP Jeferson Mejia.
- The Houston Astros acquire LHP Francisco Liriano from the Toronto Blue Jays in exchange for OF Nori Aoki and OF Teoscar Hernandez.
- The Boston Red Sox acquire RHP Addison Reed from the New York Mets in exchange for RHP Gerson Bautista, RHP Jamie Callahan, and RHP Stephen Nogosek.
Notes: Once again, I approve of this deal by the Red Sox. They give up three relief pitching prospects in exchange for one of the best relievers on the market in Addison Reed. So far so good for the team at the deadline. One more bullpen piece (preferably a lefty) would be ideal.
- The Chicago Cubs acquire LHP Justin Wilson and C Alex Avila from the Detroit Tigers in exchange for IF Jeimer Candelario, SS Isaac Paredes, and Cash OR a PTBNL.
- The Colorado Rockies acquire C Jonathan Lucroy in exchange for a Player to be Named Later.
- The Kansas City Royals acquire OF Melky Cabrera from the Chicago White Sox in exchange for RHP A.J. Puckett and LHP Andre Davis.
- The New York Yankees acquire LHP Jaime Garcia from the Minnesota Twins in exchange for RHP Zack Littell and LHP Dietrich Enns.
- The Baltimore Orioles acquire RHP Jeremy Hellickson from the Philadelphia Phillies in exchange for OF Hyun Soo Kim and LHP Garrett Cleavinger.
- The New York Mets acquire RHP A.J. Ramos from the Miami Marlins in exchange for RHP Merandy Gonzalez and OF Ricardo Cespedes.
- The Washington Nationals acquire IF Howie Kendrick from the Philadelphia Phillies in exchange for LHP McKenzie Mills.
- The Seattle Mariners acquire RHP Erasmo Ramirez from the Tampa Bay Rays in exchange for RHP Steve Cishek.
- The Tampa Bay Rays acquire 1B Lucas Duda from the New York Mets in exchange for RHP Drew Smith.
- The Tampa Bay Rays acquire LHP Dan Jennings from the Chicago White Sox in exchange for 1B Casey Gillaspie.
- The Colorado Rockies acquire RHP Pat Neshek from the Philadelphia Phillies in exchange for IF Jose Gomez, RHP J.D. Hammer, and RHP Alejandro Requena.
- The Milwaukee Brewers acquire RHP Anthony Swarzak from the Chicago White Sox in exchange for OF Ryan Cordell.
- The Boston Red Sox acquire IF Eduardo Nunez from the San Francisco Giants in exchange for RHP Shaun Anderson and RHP Gregory Santos.
Notes: I am pleased with the Red Soxs’ acquisition of Nunez. While he doesn’t provide the power that the team sorely lacks, he does provide versatility, speed and the lowest K-rate in the MLB at 9.1%. He will have to be used the right way (which is no guarantee given who the team’s manager is), but the low-cost addition will hopefully take pressure off of the third base situation and allow management to focus on improving the bullpen (where I believe they are two pieces away, not just one).
- The Kansas City Royals acquire RHP Trevor Cahill, RHP Brandon Mauer, and RHP Ryan Buchter in exchange for LHP Matt Strahm, LHP Travis Wood, and 2B Esteury Ruiz.
- The Minnesota Twins acquire LHP Jaime Garcia and C Anthony Recker from the Atlanta Braves in exchange for RHP Huascar Ynoa.
- The Seattle Mariners acquire LHP Marco Gonzales from the St. Louis Cardinals in exchange for OF Tyler O’Neill.
- The Seattle Mariners acquire RHP David Phelps from the Miami Marlins in exchange for CF Brayan Hernandez, RHP Brandon Miller, RHP Pablo Lopez, and RHP Lukas Schiraldi.
- The New York Yankees acquire 3B Todd Frazier, RHP David Robertson, and RHP Tommy Kahnle from the Chicago White Sox in exchange for RHP Tyler Clippard, OF Blake Rutherford, LHP Ian Clarkin, and OF Tito Polo. (Read takeaways HERE)
- The Arizona Diamondbacks acquire OF J.D. Martinez from the Detroit Tigers in exchange for IF Dawel Lugo, IF Sergio Alcantara, and IF Jose King.
- The Washington Nationals acquire LHP Sean Doolittle and RHP Ryan Madson from the Oakland Athletics in exchange for RHP Blake Treinen, LHP Jesus Luzardo, and 3B Sheldon Neuse.